2104 was the year of the pom pom, but the tassel is the new star of 2015. I had hunch about this early last summer, and asked a friend of mine living in Egypt to source some original camel tassels for me. I ended up with so many that I barely know what to do with them, although I have a feeling that I’m going to be adding them to bags and baskets for a wonderful boho feel in the summer (more about that in the spring).
I also started stocking up on tassel bracelets (neon coloured tassels look amazing with a tan), and I can’t wait to start adding to the collection. Accessorize will have plenty to choose from, and Topshop, amongst others, have already started stocking ‘the tassel’.
I have also just ordered myself a tassel clutch bag, perfect for this time of year as it is definitely not summery, but all will be revealed when it arrives. In the meantime, I just wanted to give you the heads up on the tassel trend which will be hitting the fashion stores with gusto. Very soon.
In the meantime, here’s a little taster to whet your appetite…
1. New Look Gold Multi Layer Tassel Pendant Necklace, £9.99
2. Soru Jewellery Gold Rose Quartz Tassel Necklace, £225
3. Sisi & May Denim Blue Tassel Necklace, £95
4. Topshop Long Charm Tassel Necklace, £16.50
5. Kurafuchi Multi Tassel Bracelets, £32.42 (for set of four), Etsy
6. Topshop Bead And Tassel Drop Bracelet,, £6.50
7. Isabel Marant Gold-Plated Multi Stone Beaded Bracelet, £125 (for two), Net-A-Porter